The mission of the Edgewood Elementary School's Guidance Program is to assist each child in acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitude needed to become effective learners, responsible citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners.
The Goals of the Counseling Program include (but are not limited too);
- Providing students with "preventative" counseling.
- Coordinating referrals to outside agencies if needed.
- Helping students develop self-awareness and understanding, building self confidence and self esteem.
- To encourage students to recognize and make the best use of their abilities.
- Provide opportunities for students to feel successful.
- Provide students with opportunities to talk about educational, personal, and social concerns.
- Help students adjust to the school environment.
- Develop students awareness of the world of work
- Provide consultative support and serve as a resource for students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
I look forward to working with you, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns! You can reach me (334)874-1643 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Bennett King,